SPECIES OF THE DAY

Monday, March 15, 2010

Philosophy of Education


Learning is the main purpose of education. It is the goal of every student and the task of every teacher to increase knowledge and understanding in the classroom.In our classes we are learning together, we are transmitting our knowledge, values and customs, because education is not only the communication of words, it also includes our feelings and attitudes.

I feel that the concept of learning should be focused around four main areas. Independent thought is essential to the development of each student. Being able to form unique independent ideas to solve problems will serve them both in and outside of the classroom. Group interaction is also an important part of learning. Being able to share ideas, validate them with those of others, and teamwork are important processes in social and mental development.


Each teacher needs to have a personal philosophy of teaching to guide their actions and ideas. This list is one I have made to guide myself. It is by no means all-encompassing, but it provides a basis for what I feel about education, and what I want my students to feel when they leave my classroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CONSERVATION OF BIODIVERSITY

Tree Flora of Bukit Larut