SPECIES OF THE DAY

Monday, March 15, 2010

My Teaching Philosophy


As a teacher, in one sense, the students are our customers, and we must strive to provide the highest level of customer service that we can. This means working diligently to ensure that they learn, and that they develop academically and personally. Students have a big responsibility in this process, and our job is to help them to achieve success.

I always try to improve my style of teaching. I want the students to view their learning experience in my class as something different, something that holds their interest and helps them to learn. I want them to look forward to the class, to come to class ready to learn.
I try to be animated in my teaching, roving around the class, telling jokes or stories to keep the students alert, and involving them in examples, exercises, and discussions. I believe that learning will occur best when the student is involved. Developing that involvement is an important goal of my teaching methods.


The role of the teacher is to provide information to students. This is often where most, if not all, teachers differ. The approach used to present information to students is vital to the student's educational well-being. The behavioral learning approach best supports the role of a special education teacher in that these teachers must present information to students in a multi-sensorial fashion; they cannot simply rely on discovery learning or reasoning to get the information distributed to their students.

The theoretical orientation of the behavioral learning approach best describes my classroom teaching approach as a special education teacher. In a behavioral learning approach, it is believed that students acquire knowledge about things that are experienced through the senses of sight, sound, touch, smell and taste. It is only through these experiences that the student validates their knowledge through observation and experiment.

Teachers are life long learners. In being so, I attend workshops, conferences, and now I also further my study at Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris to improve myself and keep up-to-date with what is happening in the field of education and technology.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CONSERVATION OF BIODIVERSITY

Tree Flora of Bukit Larut